Chronic pain treatment services
Our Structured Intensive Multidisciplinary Pain Program (SIMP) utilizes outpatient treatment that is integrated, comprehensive, and evidence-based to help workers with non-malignant chronic pain return to work.
The goal of the program is to teach the client how to cultivate self-awareness, strategies to improve psychological well-being, and assist them in learning appropriate and effective self-management techniques.
Our chronic pain treatment program uses an interdisciplinary approach that includes physical activity and psycho-social interventions to provide coping strategies for persistent pain.
Treatment with a Comprehensive Team
We offer comprehensive interdisciplinary care with a team of physicians, psychologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and vocational rehabilitation specialists.
Our Program might be right for you if:
You struggle with symptoms of chronic pain that fall into one or more of the following categories:
Our treatment program is individualized depending on the needs of the clients and focuses on teaching clients:
- Techniques to increase body awareness; these techniques combine breathing and mindfulness to calm their minds and improve the mind-body connection
- Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
- Appropriate exercises to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Appropriate use of medications
- Effective communication with family, employers, health professionals, and friends
- Nutrition, and other techniques and information based on the unique needs of the client.
Other services provided include:
- 1:1 vocational counseling assist in establishing a return to work plan and assist in utilizing resources to transition smoothly back to work.
- visceral manipulation or myofascial release
- dry needling
- naturopathic medicine